I didn’t realize National Watermelon Day was this past week, but this watermelon-based smoothie is a recipe you can enjoy any day of the summer! Completely light, crisp, and refreshing, this Watermelon Strawberry Breeze is perfect to cool off and relax on these hot, fun summer days.
(Side note: Who creates these whacky national days? Is there a national day for everything now?)
Anyway, here is the (extremely simple) recipe:
Only 3 ingredients are needed:
- 3 Cups Cubed Watermelon (Chilled is best)
- 1 Cup Strawberries (Chilled)
- 1 Whole, Peeled Lemon
You may also choose to add (but definitely don’t need to – still delicious, either way!):
- Mint Leaves (as garnish or blended into the smoothie)
- Crushed Ice (for a cooler taste. I personally like it without and prefer the full fruit flavor instead)
Let’s Make it!
- Prepare the fruit
- Put everything in your blender
- Blend for 20 seconds or until desired consistency reached
- Pour into a tall glass
- Garnish with mint if desired
- Put your feet up and enjoy!